Howard County Arts Council
All digital applications must be submitted by midnight, EST on the date of the deadline. If you have any questions or technical difficulties please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410)313-2787.
Never miss a deadline - sign up for our Artist Opportunities mailing list!
HCAC presents 11-12 exhibits per year of national, regional, and local artists, including two-person, small and large group, juried, curated, and community shows. HCAC rarely exhibits solo shows.
To apply, please submit the following:
1. Contact Information, including artist or curator name
2. 10-20 digital images representative of the work to be included in the exhibition. Files
should be named to correspond to image list. Entries must be JPG or JPEG files, each no larger than 1 MB. If submitting time-based work, work must be submitted as .avi, .wav, .mov, or .m4a files. HCAC has limited technology for use in the gallery, so any special technology needs should be addressed in the proposal. The images should be named using the “LastName_FirstName_01.jpg” format, where the numbers (01, 02, 03, etc…) correspond directly to your image script.
3. Image List which contains artist's name, title, medium, year completed, and dimensions for each piece. The image list should correspond directly to your application images. So, if you have an image named “Doe_Jane_01.jpg” then your image script should have an entry for “01” with that image’s title, medium, dimension, and date. The image script should be a Word document or PDF. Do not send Powerpoint presentations, movies of any kind, or slide shows.
4. Resume which lists education, exhibitions, awards, publications, etc.
5. Artist statement or description of your artistic goals and recent work.
Organizations: in addition to the above, provide your organization's mission statement and describe your programs and services that meet that statement. Include a brief description of the proposed exhibit and state how it furthers your mission and goals.
Howard County Arts Council seeks applicants for teaching artist positions for its Spring Class Session scheduled to run September 10 - November 5, 2018.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit proposals for youth and/or adult courses/workshops in any performing or visual arts discipline.
Howard County Arts Council (HCAC) strives to offer students of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities quality arts experiences and a chance to discover their unique creative talents. HCAC is seeking qualified arts instructors to propose classes and workshops for the upcoming session. Priority will be given to proposals addressing the fundamentals of visual and performing arts. Classes/Workshops may be scheduled anytime during normal building hours, from one to four hours, during the designated session dates. Classes/Workshops are cancelled if enrollment is fewer than five students.
Howard County Center for the Arts building hours are Monday – Thursday, 9am – 10pm; Friday, 9am – 8pm; Saturday, 10am – 4pm; Sunday, 12 – 4pm. Please note there is no availability on Tuesdays.
Teaching artists create a safe and supportive learning environment where students can feel comfortable taking risks and engaging in creative challenges. Individual attention and small class sizes (5-15 students) encourage participation and dialogue.
· Develop age-appropriate curricula in cooperation with the Deputy Director.
· Relate needs for supplies and equipment to the Deputy Director by the assigned deadline.
· Attend required meetings.
· Prepare studio/classroom and collect supplies for class use/ return studio/classroom to previous condition when class is dismissed.
· Keep Deputy Director informed of any incidents, concerns, or issues regarding students, equipment, or space.
HCAC employs teaching artists as independent contractors. Contract teachers are paid according to the number of registrations per class. Classes should be 2-3 hours each and run for 8 weeks maximum, evening or weekends. Contract rates for classes are as follows (half payable halfway into the term and the remaining half payable at the end of the term): $25/hr for 5-10 students enrolled in the class, $30/hr for 11-15, and $35/hr for 16-20. A supply budget for up to $100 is provided for youth classes.